I’m not going to talk about how I’m going to save the Earth. I’m not going to mention big words like carbon footprint, greenhouse gases or pollution. No. On this Earth Day, I’m going to celebrate it. I’m going to celebrate it by:
- going for a walk and admire the trees in my neighborhood
- biking down the lakefront of Chicago
- run through the forest preserve
- let my feet mix with the sand and cold waters of Lake Michigan
- sit at a coffee shop with a book, as the setting sun falls below my face
I may not do all of those things, but I will do at least one. This Earth Day, I’m not going to talk about how we can save the planet. Today, I’m going to celebrate it with the Earth.