Come join our adventure starting January 20th.
Here are my Top 10 Quotes of the 2007:
“Illinois beats Ohio State!”
– Pham, yelling in Chicago when Illinois defeated #1 Ohio St.
“This message is for freshmen and sophomore homeroom teachers. Please check them to see if their zippers or straps are broken.”
“I wouldn’t want to check their zippers! When would we do this? During naptime?”
– Kathy B., during a faculty meeting
“I love Coach Lentine! I love Coach Lentine! I love Coach Lentine! You **** at you guys recording.”
– Mauro H.
– John B.
“No come back! Ooo! My sexy coachy.”
– Mauro H., in Coach Lentine Tribute video
“Oh, I got talent!”
– Dave G., demonstrating his teacher skillz
“Since you brought it up. Do girls fart?”
“Yes! And they smell just as bad as boy farts!”
– Erica M.
“…I want solid poo again.”
– John B., Spirit of St. Louis Half-Marathon
“Confession, I’m not wearing deodorant.”
– Katharine J., Chicago Distance Classic
“If another kid calls me Hermione, I’m going to punch that kid in the face.”
– Katie S., on Halloween dressed as a Slytherin
“And the last graduate of Archbishop Quigley, Daniel Zaparaniuk.”
– MGM, AQPS 2007 Graduation
“I miss it.”
– Fr. Walsh., in reference to Quigley Seminary
After an 8K, 2 half-marathons (plus training), a 10K, and many, many miles in hope of getting in shape, I’m about to hang up my laces. Sadly, I realized that I am in need of new running shoes. These were my first true running shoes. I’m going to miss them. Its final race will be a 5K this Sunday. We shall make its last lap one to remember.
Lessons I have learned from running a half-marathon…
– ALWAYS take a deuce before running
– Stag is delicious
– real running shoes are essential
– remember to gear check
– hills are a bitch
– you meet so many cool people (or cute girls)
– driving 5 hours back from a long race…bad idea
– carbs are delicious
– Besch has a sexy ass
– free balling is not a good idea on a cold day
– Team Koinonia is #1
– stick your running schedule and have more than 9 miles under your belt before race day
– 4 beers, 1 mike’s hard, and 4 hours of sleep before race day is a bad idea (shamrock shuffle)
– running w/ friends is a lot of fun
– training w/ the track team helps a lot
– it’s okay to lose a race to your students, you can always fail them as payback
– praying the Hail Mary during mile 10-11 helps big time
– doing this as Wheat for your students was the best idea you ever had